Re: [tlug] C vs. other languages

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 04:24:04PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> I can't say "all", but I can add a few of the "truly great" economists
> to that list.  Bell Labs was a national treasure, almost worth the
> monopoly that supported it.

Yes, "all" might be an overstatement. ;) I should have included some of
the outstanding folks that did their internship there too. :)

The quality of the C and assembly code written at Bell Labs is a testiment
to the folks at Bell Labs, just look at the Plan 9 kernel. It is utterly
amazing. I'm not saying this because I'm a Plan 9 fan, but rather from
being an aficianado of well written code.

--Uva