Re: [tlug] C vs. other languages (was: tlug-digest Digest V2004 #194)

> Godwin:Why distrbute something which requires
> both a Java compiler *and* a JRE when you can distribute something which
> requires just a bog standard C compiler with a few (standard) libraries?

Very good pt.

> Uvaktor:
> Yeah, for some reason java programmers love design patterns, their
> favorite one being `abstract factory'.

Ain't that the TRUTH!

Also, before Tiger(1.5) any gui stuff looked alien.  I mean blah.  Now it's hey normal -- consistant with the system and other guis.  Wow!

--
Shawn aka coffeejunkie

Karma is immutable, so act accordingly!