[tlug] xfree and different keyboardlayouts

hi!
i set up my comp with xfce4 and i want to use german and japanese
keyboard-layout with it. there is a little prog which helps to switch
between both but the whole configuration has to be done with xkb and it
seems, that i`m too stupid to get it. in my XF86Config I wrote the
following:
Section "InputDevice"
Driver "keyboard"
Identifier "Keyboard[0]"
Option "Protocol" "Standard"
Option "XkbLayout" "jp,de"
Option "XkbModel" "jp106"
Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
Option "Xkbgrp" "lwinswitch"
EndSection

What`s wrong with it?
Would be cool if someone would have a solution to this or an explanation
how I can put Umlaute on the keys I do not use (there are four of
it...so enough - 3 Umlaute and with shift I can get the captitals from it)
It would be also very interesting if someone would have an idea how I
put the shift+space for shifting to japanese input to another key (like
one of the unused japanese ones)

Greetings

Niels

--