RE: [tlug] Fun with NEC laptop....

start Yast and select Network Setup.  If you use an ADSL router, make sure
that you select IP adress is assigned by DHCP (please check manual).  You
may need to manually assign DNS Servers and add your router IP address as
the default gateway. If you don't know what I am talking about please read
the manual of SUSE which explicitly explains the TCP/IP setup, and this
basically does not change.  I guess Knoppix automatically selects DHCP thats
why it connects automatically.

Patrick