Re: [tlug] Using JDIC from inside a text editor

> By emulating JWP I meant all the user had to do to check on the
> dictionary meaning of a word was a two step process of
> highliting the hiragana/kanji and then pressing a function key (F6)
> and the dictionary would open up immediately inside of the editor
> with a myriad of EDICT meanings.

I used to use JWP and JWPce but now prefer http://jgloss.sourceforge.net/
(in part for the way it can morphologically analyze a sentence when
looking up the kana/translations for it).

To do what you want I would just:
1) open the word lookup dialog box in jgloss.
2) copy the hiragana/kanji from openoffice or your email or wherever
3) move back to the word dialog box where the copied hiragana/kanji has
been automatically looked up with the results waiting.

Really though I would just copy the whole text and let jgloss try and
parse the whole thing and read through it finding where it had trouble and
making a few manual adjustments along the way.

Otherwise you could use the jgloss api to look stuff up and then give the
openoffice a whirl (say the  linguistic2 module) to try and get real
integration. The jgloss api is easy enough to use and I use it to give a
meaning to kanji pulled from a database, but I know little about the
openoffice side other than the few minutes of quick reading I just did out
of curiousity.

--
Shawn