Re: [tlug] New Input Method in Fedora Core 2?

On Sat, 15 May 2004 07:58:26 -0700
Craig Oda <craigoda@example.com> wrote:

> Evidently, you can put Chinese, Korean, and Japanese in the same text
> without having to login again and change the locale setting.
>
> I haven't played around with this yet.  Does anyone have an opinion as
> to whether the new input method is an improvement or not?

IIIMF looks promising.
These days I input Chinese and Japanese more or less on the fly
when using apps such as gedit, xchat and gaim (gentoo and debian).
I imagine IIIMF is similar but improved, in which case it would be
very welcome. The inclusion of good (hopefully non-commercial)
options for Chinese is important.

--
Tony Laszlo
irc://irc.freenode.net/issho