Re: [tlug] MH and thunderbird

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:11:34 +0900
Hector Akamine <hecaka@example.com> wrote:

> I have been using sylpheed for a while, but after experiencing some
> problems with the encodings (some messages in japanese do not show
> properly) finally decided to switch. I tried thunderbird, and it seems
> much better when dealing with multiple encodings.
Our corporate outlook does mojibake too, I'm sure you will have a hard
time finding a perfect mailer that can detect and display all those
wonderfull japanese encodings and fix corrupted text as well. BTW, I'm
using claws and if it can't display Japanese it's usually because the text
is already corrupted when it reaches my mailer, though I haven't had many
problems so far.

> The problem is that it
> can't import MH mailboxes.
But sylpheed-claws can export to mbox and AFAIK that's what mozilla uses.
(at least nerdscape 4 was using that back in the old days).

> Does anybody know about some utility that
> can do this?
Probably freshmeat has a few if the above doesn't work.

HTH.