Re: [tlug] Restarting a dead DNS lookup

    Josh> Nasty!!! A caching nameserver daemon might be a good item
    Josh> for performance reasons, but it sure as hell should not be
    Josh> *required* for DNS lookups!

AFAIK, it's not required.  If it's there it gets used---incorrectly.
And of course in glibc it's always there after a certain version.

It was just a bug, nasty, but one that anybody could make.  It's just
very embarrassing for ol' Mr. "glibbest glibc promoter in town" Havill.

    Josh> Good 'ol Red Hat, their way or the highway, I guess. :(

Not at all.  You'll notice that they've done what's best for the
customers, and stopped pretending to support individuals, or even
typical small businesses.

Red Hat is still pretty low on the list of distros I'd install on a
box I own, but as a business I like the way they're going, I think.
If I'm ever in the "enterprise class", I'll give them a hard look.

And anybody that pisses off rms and Tom Lord that bad has a very low
PC*brownnose rating!  ;-)

yup-i'm-fighting-with-the-fscking'-gfdl-again-attitudinally y'rs