Re: [tlug] Slackware 9.1 and Japanese printing

Quoth Paul Taka:

> I just begin to learn Japanese and I would like to use what I learn on my
> computer (Slack 9.1).
> But it's not so easy... I mean, I can see japanese characters through my
> browser (Mozilla) but I can't print them...

Try this page, written by our own Scott Robbins:

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html

Go to the end of the document, there is a brief section on printing.

When you have printing under control, and are ready to tackle IME stuff, this
document will be *very* helpful.

If you still have questions, ask them here. I for one will be happy to help,
and I suspect that I am not the only one.

> I've searched on Internet but I found only Japanese website, like
> http://fuji.sakura.ne.jp/~yada/wiki.cgi?page=052slackware9 which seems to be
> really interesting but... I don't understand Japanese enough...
>
> I tried to guess what was wrote but if I print a japanese webpage into a ps
> file then try to read it with gs, the program exit with this error output:
> ESP Ghostscript 7.05.6: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
> (not very talkative...)

Now this, mon ami, is the correct way to ask a question on this list! Others
should take note of how the OP

1. Googled
2. Explained exactly what he has tried, and posted the (albeit stupid)
   Ghostscript error.

Paul, with your attitude, I think you will enjoy this list! :)

--
Josh Glover

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103