Re: [tlug] ResiserFS + sudden poweroff = problem

> /dev/hda1 mounted as boot, ext2, 100MB
> /dev/hda2 swapdisk
> /dev/hda3 mounted as root, resiserfs, 30G
>
> Any way to ensure a clean restart without manual intervention?
get var and /opt and other items out of root.  This way the files in the
root do not get changed often and your chances of a panic are lessened
consideriably.  Usually as a minimum I use:

/var
/boot
/home (if users files are ekpt on the machine)
/opt
/usr/local
/

It may seem extreme but I have had few to none situations like you
describe since moving to Journaling and getting all possible items out
of the root file system

David Blomberg
AIS, APS, ASE, CCNA, LCP, LCA, Linux+, LPI I, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE, Server+
Nihon Libertec
dblomber@example.com