Re: [tlug] Top Posting

On 11 Mar 2004, at 09:28, Gerald Naughton wrote:

> About Top Posting :
> - Instead of Mailing to the List "tlug@example.com"
>    I feel that the Admin should email to the person
>    directly and not to the Mailing List
>
> - Discussion about Top Posting & its policies
>    If people have a problem about it , they should
>    talk to the Admin person directly instead of the
>    List

There's a history.  A while ago the top posters started pissing off
those who had helped the beginners, who eventually left the list.  We
used to warn them in private, but some of top posters don't realize it
until they are warned on the list.

Thanks
--
BABA Yoshihiko

Town Planner (Kyoto)
Webmaster, Tokyo Linux Users Group (http://www.tlug.jp)
Support, Translation and Documentation Team, Fink Project
(http://fink.sourceforge.net)