Re: [tlug] RHCE preparation

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 23:42, Matt Gross wrote:
> I'm going to skip the week-long training course and just
> take the exam.  I'm hoping that the RH experience I've
> gained over the past two years along with my own personal
> study will be sufficient.
>
> Matt
Good luck.  A while back people were used to the kind of questions I saw
about system recovery and the like.  In the last two years I and many I
know have had little need for the techniques tested during the system
rtecovery. (messed .so files, misconfigured PAM, and I have only had 1
time I recall having to recover a lost root password in the last four
years.)  Remember that the troubleshooting section is full of these and
is 1/3 of the test.
	If you have the above down and can install "the Red Hat way" and make
apps open at log in "again the Red Hat way" then you are set--making it
work is good but if its not starting as Red Hat recommends then you seem
to loose points (I still passed first time, but my install section
scored lower than it should have the only answer I could come up with
was minus points for not doing it as they taught in the class. (I
beleiev in Perls moto: there more than one way to do it)

Enjoy
--
David Blomberg
AIS, APS, ASE, CCNA, LCP, LCA, Linux+, LPI I, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE, Server+