[tlug] Hot-swap drives (was: Who do you recommend ...)

On Sunday, February 29, 2004, at 07:57  PM, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> ... Consider using hot-swappable disks (this means SCSI) ...

On that note, I've been thinking about getting some HDD cases (example:
http://www.vipower.com/product/SATASeries/vp_5010lsf.htm
).  I'll likely be hooking it up to a 3ware 8506 with hot-swap SATA,
doing RAID 5.  Anyone had any good/bad experience with SATA hot swap?

(I was inspired by Patrick Niessen's  hot backup solution, and am
planning to do something similar here.)

Larry Stanbery, RHCE
GPG Key ID: 2CEFA662