Re: [tlug] mini terminal linux distro

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 11:04:16AM +0100, Pietro Zuco wrote:
> I'm looking for some Linux distribution, optimized to work for
> mini terminals.  I have to configure a lot of really small in
> size and in memory, disk and CPU boxes to be remotely use as X
> terminals.

If the machines are SPARCs :-), check out TLUGger John Little's
SLXT package.  (Or follow his footsteps for your architecture?)
  http://www.pucebaboon.com/SLXT/

> I was thinking about optimize some distro as
> Mandrake or Knoppix to do it, but I would like to find some
> that made for this kind of work.

Or perhaps LNX-BBC.  Its GAR build system makes it pretty easy
to customize and rebuild the world... and it is already
designed to be small.
  http://www.lnx-bbc.org/

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/