Re: [tlug] [OT] cheap dedicated server in Japan

    Nguyen> Hello all, I want to buy a cheap Linux dedicated server in
    Nguyen> Japan( or USA ?) and this is the cheapeset one I have
    Nguyen> found.

One possibility is to kiss up to the computer center at your school
and get them to let you host your domain in their IP space, and
connect to their external network.  If you're the _only_ VYSA member
there, this is a little risky, of course---you'll surely lose your
connection when you graduate.

In the current paranoid atmosphere, it's quite likely that the only
way something like this will fly is if you go in knowing what
firewalling rules you plan to install, etc.  Be more prepared than
they are (if it were Tsukuba-dai, it would not be hard).

Even if it doesn't work, it's good practice in PHB-interfacing.  :-)