[tlug] OpenNMS fun Netowk Linux app

well,
I received a surprise email moments ago, that the
project leader for www.openNMS is visiting and may be
presenting a techie demo in Shinjuku tomorrow at 7pm.

NMS is one of the many applications that support Linux
`domination` ..IMHO  not to mention that it has also
recently combined Snort functionality.

In short, in monitors both connectivity as well as ip
services (http, ftp..) utilizing: java,tomcat, perl,
postgresql, xml, rrdtool....and sends mail upon alarm.
very handy indeed.

I will send more details as I get the facts, and am
posting this as a benefit for future scheduling
considerations...