Re: [tlug] SSH Vs. Linksys BEFW11S4

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 08:00 pm, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Are you sure it's not a firewalling issue on the Linksys?  Maybe it
> needs to be told to port-forward separately for the inside and ouside,

I wish  a Linksys was that sophisticated :p

As it turns out, Jerald had the right of it.  It works just fine from anywhere
other than the Zyxel, apparently owing to the Zyxel's lack of  loopback
interface.  It did in fact work fine from my office.  That gave me a look
back at myself to see what IP address I look like to the outside world, and
now we're all firewalled off and happy :)

> or something stoopid like that.  How about the Zyxel?

I have no control over the Zyxel (the temptation to try and get it is nearly
overwhelming, but I'll restrain myself :-) ), but luckily Jerald has almost
the same model I do.

Jonathan
--
"Apache, Xfree, who'll be next up with a license change to break GPL
compatibility?"