Re: [tlug] SSH Vs. Linksys BEFW11S4

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 09:48 am, jeraldweinstein@example.com wrote:
> No loopback on my Prestige 645 router.  Same maybe with yours?

I suspect so.  I have no access to the Prestige (I bet I could break in and I
bet they wouldn't notice, but I don't want to press my luck :-) but I tried
your suggestion of going from a truly outside location when I got to work
this morning and after a short delay (just long enough to make me think it
would time out) I got a login prompt.  Woohoo!

Those Zyxel units are not bad at all, although a Roadrunner installer told me
they used to use Cisco and I wish they still did.  So did he :-)

Thanks!

Jonathan
--
99 pounds of natural born goodness