Re: [tlug] Job Hunt

On 2004.2.16, at 12:51  PM, Blomberg David wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 12:42, Viktor Pavlenko wrote:
>
>> Well you should have started a new thread to get more success on this
>> list... But as someone else stated, work sucks, so are you sure you
>> really want it?
> Sorry for the work sucks quote.  Really I enjoy my job 60% of the time
> :) its that other 40% when I am doing the bottom scraping work.

David,

I wonder what you refer to when you say "bottom scraping"...?  In my
case, in my job as an "IT Manager" I like the few times when I have to
do the "low-level hands-on" stuff myself (installing a W2K cluster --
oops, this is a Linux list --, installing and maintaining a Linux mail
server, etc.) and it "sucks" when I'm doing the "high-level" political,
"management" stuff (trying to get my superiors to approve my choice of
vendors, or my budget plans, etc.)...;-)

Cheers,

Raymond