Re: [tlug] Is linguistics OT at all? & HOWTO Encourage Women in Linux

> I think it fails sociolinguistically .  To encourage women, you (IMHO)
> should _not_ say women "have low self-confidence"

I think a lot of that HOWTO was very biased, and, for lack of a better
expression, overly feminist. I for one haven't percieved Linux-related
fora to be especially hostile towards women at all, but if that really
is the case, then it'll have to change over time. Telling ourselves that
we're somehow being mean to women isn't gonna work, because frankly,
we're not. I'm mean to anyone and anything, but let's face it, so are women.

On a related note though, could people PLEASE stop using the word "gay"
to mean anything that's bad? You will either comply or be castrated with
a rusty spoon.

-David