[tlug] gentoo gcc upgrading trouble

Hi,

I seemed to make a mistake to upgrade gcc on Gentoo Linux.  Please,
some TLUGger, help me.

I just typed:

$ emerge gcc

instead of following upgrading document to upgrade gcc from 3.2 to
3.3.  That says to use -u option.  I found I was wrong.  After that so
many commands began to fail like this:

% emerge -pv gcc
/usr/bin/python: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I wanted to install libstdc++.so.5 somehow and I googled for a while.
But I couldn't find any clue for that.  TLUGger, please tell me how
can I fix it.

Thanks very much in advance.

Smiley
--