Re: [tlug] RedHat 7.2 -> 9 Upgrade... stuff broke

[ This is not top-posting, BTW, this is administrivia. ]

Gerald, please read what I have written *below* your message.

Quoth Gerald Naughton

> Hi Shawn
> I had the same problem as you
> As I didn`t have any important data on my
> PC , I re-installed RH9.0 instead of upgrading
> & network worked
>
> leo
> --- bofh@example.com wrote:
>> I know RedHat stopped support, but someone I know
>> wants to continue using it and asked me to do the
>> upgrade
>> on the spot the other day. I've mainly been using
>> BSD the
>> last few years, so I'm not where I used to be with
>> Linux.

[...]

Wow, and right after Chuck posted this gem:

H-Net -- Top Posting Rejection Notice

Your message to H-Net has been rejected due to the following:

Reason: "Top Posting"

Explanation: This means that you have hit your reply button and simply
written a response at the top of the message, leaving whatever remains
at the bottom. When this happens in a series, messages end up
with confusing and unnecessary accretions in their latter
portions, which corrupt the archiving process due to redundancies. The
list editors *could* clean up each one of these, but we feel that this
should be your responsibility and not ours.

Therefore: Please rewrite your post so that there is no additional text
after your own signature and then resend. You can either delete the old
portions of the original post/prior discussion, or skillfully
incorporate them into your own response.

The only exception to this case is when the remainder of the message is
specifically referenced data, or a forwarded message.

If you do a Google search for the keywords "top posting," you will find
ample explanation of this matter.

If, after reading this, the point is still unclear, please feel free to write
back for further clarification.

H-Net List Editor
Charles Muller

--
Josh Glover

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103