Re: [tlug] mbox, MH, maildir?

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 10:48:48PM +0100, Pietro Zuco wrote:

>I prefer the maildir.

I like mbox b/c it can be imported into practically anything, and

>If the mbox get corrupt you can loose all

I try to keep my files tight rather than loose (sorry ;-) ).  But seriously,
an mbox file is also relatively easy to repair, because it's just a flat
text file.  Unless it is corrupted so badly that you can't open it in a
text editor at all, you may be able to fix it as easily as opening it up
in vi and removing the corrupted part.  You lose that much, but no more.

It's also mutt's format, and as we all know "All mail clients suck. This
one just sucks less" :-)

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9