Re: [tlug] the mythical female geek

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 17:19, Alfred Rodriguez wrote:
> i have this friend...
>
> is she a geek?
>
> hhhmmm... let me see...
>
> she has three computers at home - (1) windows 2000 server loaded with
> lotus notes server domino, (2) a windows xp pro notebook loaded with
> vmware, (3) redhat 9 workstation...
>
> she also has a linux zaurus (slc-750 just like mine), and an ipaq (she's
> considering whether to reflash the rom with linux) <-- and she's not
> your typical user...
>
> she has her own website, and maintains a blog (mostly IT content)...
>
> she has an MCP, MOUS, and a very good notes administrator - she'll soon
> be dirtying her hands with linux (quite soon), though she's quite
> familiar with it already...
>
> she plays the piano, and cooks really well... and of course, tinkers
> with computer a LOT...
>
> anything else?
> (^^)
Geek test:

Uses windows 				-3 (per machine)
Uses Linux 				+2
Uses BSD				+4
Linux servers Gui-less			+3
Has significant other			-2
significant other knows Linux/BSD	+4
Can subnet in their head		+3
Programs over 4 hrs per day (outside work) +5

--
David Blomberg
AIS, APS, ASE, CCNA, LCP, LCA, Linux+, LPI I, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE, Server+