[tlug] advse on Zaurus

Dear members of TLUG

Can I ask the members for advise on the Zaurus PDA ? I
am hoping that since the Zaurus runs Linux this
question is relevant to this mailing list.

I am looking for any general comments on Zaurus PDAs.
In particular if anyones has had any experience with
the SL-B500

Basically I want the PDA to play MP3 music files,
browse the internet, run Java applications. Read
documents. Also I want it to be a discrete voice
recorder. (ie built in microphone)

Had a wander round akihabara to look at the models on
offer. The model I wanted was the SL5600 but wasnt
able to find it anywhere. I assume because it is built
for the English speaking market place or is a new
model.
The Zaurus model that seems to be getting the most
marketing attention is the new SLC860. It doesnt look
like a bad model but the SL-B500 is the one that
caught my eye. Judging by the specification sheet this
one has everything that the SL C860 has except the
B500 can only play MPEG1.
The SLC860 can play MPEG-4.
The SLC860 retails at 69,800 yen whereas the SLB500
retails at 49,800 yen

Any comments would be useful.

regards
Graham