Re: [tlug] print grep results to file

Viktor Pavlenko wrote:

> If you omit -print it will work; if you don't want the file names
> printed in front of each matched line, add -h.

Hmm. It starts, but doesn't finish. Maybe too many lines?
(30,000+). Originally I just tried to save the results of my shell
screen output, but it would only show up to 1,000 lines or so.

> P.S. deja vu... (or is it a glitch in the matrix?)
>
> http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0301/msg00317.html

I don't have the password to access this (my fault, I wasn't paying
attention to the discussion), but I did save most of that thread
locally, and I'm pretty sure that although these were closely related
grep questions regarding the same data set, I don't think that I asked
this particular one--simply because up till now, I never had a console
that would properly output utf-8 CJK characters (which is the content of
the <hdwd> tag here). But if I'm wrong, my apologies.

Chuck

Toyo Gakuen University
Faculty of Humanities
1660 Hiregasaki, Nagareyama-shi