Re: [tlug] Re: Happy New Year

Akemashite Omedetou!

I'm one of the long-term lurkers - I've been subscribed
to the list since moving to Japan in January of 1997.
I was never able to go to the meetings because they were
always on Friday nights and my martial arts training has
priority. I did get together with the Tsukuba 'branch'
one time at a beer garden at Tsukuba center back when I
was doing consulting work out there.

One reason that I haven't contributed to the list much
was because I feel my *nix ability is quite low compared
to most of the regulars, so I've contented myself with browsing
and picking through interesting topics as they have arisen
- selfish, yes, I know... :), but I was initially one of those
people who didn't RTFM that much, largely because TFM was
a bit obtuse for my newbie brain. A lot of reading over the
last 7 years has changed that somewhat, but I'm still
learning...

My company could possibly provide space for a meeting, albeit very
small meeting space - our office space will only seat about
10 people. If anyone wants a 'puchi' meeting, let me know. :)
As far as hiring sysadmins go... not right now, but perhaps
in the future... In the meantime, we're very hungry for Java
and C++ programmers!! (resumes gladly accepted)

Here's to a great new year for TLUG!
'kotoyoro'...

Shawn

--
Watchful awareness has the power
to transfer choice from unconscious to conscious process,