Re: [tlug] character encoding

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 09:46:45AM +0900, Michael Engel wrote:

> I notice that sometimes in links, characters are written as
> %23 or %21. What kind of encoding is this ?

URL encoding uses the '%' symbol followed by a two-digit
hexadecimal representation of the desired character.   RFC 1738
specified that only alphanumeric characters and a few sepcial
characters (like $-_(),) could be included in their unencoded
form in a URL.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/