[tlug] management

Dear all,

A slightly early Merry Xmas I know, but hey, there it is. I finally got
around to fixing the MP3 stuff on my RH9 box (it's not my main audio
box, so I tend not to worry too much), That was laziness. Anyway, since
today was a national holiday, but I had to work, I kept an eye free on
some reviews and comparisons of RH9 vs. Fedora Core 1 on OSNews, and
just wondered if anyone here had an opinion on it.

It made me wonder whether anyone on this list who looks after quite a
few Linux boxes has a policy on OS level upgrades, and on how you go
about it.  A fair amount of time was also spent on patch management and
that Fedora uses an RHN/Yum hybrid. Personally I've not had a problem
with RHN, but what kind of good alternatives are still going? I used to
use Ximian's Red Carpet when I had MDK, and that seemed OK. Again, this
is only for my lone Linux box, but what about in the larger
organisation?

Opinions onegaishimasu.

Graham

--