Re: [tlug] .forward file

> What I would do is analyze one of the messages by hand to determine
> what in the message indicates an attachment, and then write a small
> filter in perl to strip that part off. I'd then pipe to the perl script
> from the .forward file. Of course this depends on your perl scripting
> ability... Do you have any perl or shell scripting knowledge?

This is my suggestion as well. You need to be a bit careful because
keitais aren't that smart and if you send a invalid msg you might have
problems.

If you are a at least some ability in scripting languages stripping off
an attachment is not hard. Have a look the source of a mail message and
you'll see what I mean. You have to remove the attachement and the
reference to it in the header.

If you want to conditionally strip depending on size you are adding a
bit of complexity but it's not hard.

Perl has extensive libraries for this sort of thing. But if you are
doing something simple it's often easier just to do it yourself.

Brett