[tlug] configuring CUPS for an Alps printer

Hi,

I'm trying to get an old Alps scsi printer working with Linux (Redhat 8
based). In the CUPS configuration I've gotten up to the point where I'm
supposed to enter the Device URI. I've searched all over and can't find
any info on what to enter for a scsi printer. I suspect it might be
something like "scsi:/dev/...", but how do I know which item in /dev?
I've tried a few, but get "bad scsi device" errors.

Do I need to mount the printer first? If so, what would I use as
filesystem type?

I know the printer is at SCSI ID 6 and is found by the system at
startup(from /var/log/messages)

Dec  1 09:18:07 hat kernel: scsi0 : Initio INI-9X00U/UW SCSI device
driver; Revision: 1.03g
Dec  1 09:18:07 hat rc: Starting keytable:  succeeded
Dec  1 09:18:07 hat kernel:   Vendor: ALPS      Model: PTSTM32/T-31
Rev: 432B
Dec  1 09:18:07 hat kernel:   Type:   Printer
ANSI SCSI revision: 01

Any clues would be much appreciated.

Yoroshiku,
David E