Re: [tlug] What to do with RedHat

On 2003.11.30, at 12:23  AM, Martin Baehr wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 07:07:28PM +0900, Raymond Regalado wrote:
>> they have the Fedora
>> edition for "hobbyists" and "enthusiasts" (read, not to be used for
>> production computers).
>
> you are reading this one wrong.
> "hobbyists" and "enthusiasts" means there is no support available for
> it. (because typically "hobbyists" and "enthusiasts" do not need
> support)
<snip>

Martin,

Thanks for the response.  I still have to look into Fedora more
closely, but will there be patches and updates sent out from
time-to-time, as RedHat has been doing with the 7.x, etc. line?  And,
will companies be rolling out Fedora on production systems as they have
done with RedHat (not the Enterprise version)?  At any rate, you point
out that Fedora should be no worse than the old RedHat line; thanks,
I'll keep that in mind.  You switched to Debian, though; is it a better
distro?

Thanks!

Raymond