[tlug] What to do with RedHat

Dear All,

I haven't recently been keeping up with postings on this list, but I'd
like to now ask what people think about the change in support policy by
RedHat for their product, if I may?  Actually I hadn't been keeping up
with RedHat, but when I visited their web site today, I realized that
they will put an end to the RedHat 9.x line and the Enterprise version
will be available only via $ubscription, and they have the Fedora
edition for "hobbyists" and "enthusiasts" (read, not to be used for
production computers).  I'm tempted to try out some other distro, but
I'd like to hear your comments, including distro recommendations.
Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Raymond