Re: [tlug] Red Hat Linux end-of-life

Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:10:14 +0000 scripsit Josh Glover:

> > <troll>
> > Too right! [X]Emacs sucks like nothing else on Earth (or elsewhere)
> > </troll>
>
> Oh har har. Walked right into that one, didn't I?

Nope. You jumped into it head first :)

> <QUASI-SERIOUS OPINION>
> How sysadmins use vi, amazes me not. vi is very good at altering files.
> Now how*coders* use vi to actually compose code, *that* is beyond my
> understanding.</QUASI-SERIOUS OPINION>
>
> <TOTAL TROLL>
> Hence I must write you and B0ti off as 14m3rZ.
> </TOTAL TROLL>

/me puts thumbs in ears, twiddles fingers, pokes out tongue and exhales
through mouth.

> PPS: I *do* use vi as my Mutt editor, and to touch up files, and to edit
> all
>      of my config files. Just not to code. For that, XEmacs (note here
>      that the X is *not* optional, XEmacs has many coder-friendly features
>      that GNU Emacs has not yet adopted).

Most of the time I use either gEdit or pico for coding depending on whether
X is fired up or not. I really don't mind the lack of syntax highlighting.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)