Re: [tlug] Can't get Japanese in emacs

 Stuart Luppescu wrote:

> This is really strange because my system at work works fine, but at home
> when I try M-x toggle-input-method it tells me, ``Can't activate input
> method `japanese'.'' Both machines are up-to-date Gentoo systems with
> (nearly) the same set of USE flags (anyway, both have cjk nls canna
> freewnn). I can't figure out why one should work and the other not.
> Anyone have any idea?

Emacs installations don't always automatically include LEIM. Please
check if it's installed, and if not, you can download it from the Emacs
site.

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary [http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www.h-net.org/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787