[tlug] ACPI/Lilo.conf settings mishap

I set lilo.conf entry "acpi=off" to "acpi=on" after reading
somewhere that a Yamaha AC-XG sound card would
work properly on a Sony laptop(GRZ610).

I rebooted and everything went kind of wrong.
I can boot into KDE under failsafe okay and I
changed back to "acpi=off"

ALSA (cat or dog?) is running.

The error messages are "can't read disk".

Seems the root partition on hda9, is not being
read for some reason.

Very weird, would like everything to get back to normal.

Also, the X86 Grahical Configuration is disabled.

Thanks.