Re: [tlug] Notebook w/o windows

On 10/9/2003, "Oleksiy Starykov" <starykov00@example.com> wrote:

>Now I'm in Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan. Could you
>recommend me the place (in Tsukuba/Tokyo/internet
>shop) where I can buy new notebook without windows
>installed. I do not want to pay extra money for the
>thing that I'll not use. Unfortunately, all shops and
>internet shops where I searched do not sell notebooks
>without windows.

You can buy this kind of system at Pasokon koubou in Akihabara. I bought a
Clevo laptop there about 8 months ago. I had a little trouble getting Red
Hat installed, but it's working fine now, with RH8/Win2000 dual boot.

Chuck

Charles Muller <acmuller@example.com>
Toyo Gakuen University

Digital Dictionary of Buddhism: www.acmuller.net