[tlug] [Kind of OT] CompactFlash cards

Hi,

Could anyone point me to a resource describing the factory default
formatting (i.e. FAT type, number of sectors per cluster etc.) of
CompactFlash cards?

Now that I've used an 8MB card on my Linux system and subsequently
repartitioned it for "DOS" usage with a FAT16 partition, the digital camera
I originally bought it for no longer recognizes the partition.

I've googled for "CompactFlash" "factory defaults" and all I got out of that
was a couple of hundred pages talking about the factory defaults of devices
using the CF cards. Big help...

The SanDisk website assumes, of course, that everybody is using their
proprietary software on Windows.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)