Re: [tlug] Mail Server

Based on advice I received here I chose Exim. Without any prior
experience with mail servers I found it very easy to install and then
customize to my requirements (virtual domain hosting).

We use it at GOL (by far Japan's greatest ISP) and it is extremely
reliable.

One caution is that the author (forget his name) is a Cambridge Uni
mathematics PhD and I find his (extensive) documentation very difficult
to follow and it reads more like a maths text rather than the bare facts
that harried sys admins need. If you are doing anything more than a
simple install you should spend some time reading the doco first.

Brett