Re: [tlug] Server Disposal

None of them run permanently, just on to do stuff. I decided not to run
any services at home for that reason. A friend at work often spends
>35,000 yen a month on electricity.

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:03:26 +0900
"James Cluff" <jc@example.com> wrote:

> See actually I was joking about needing another heater in my house.  I really want the machine so I could make a firewall server or a mail server out of it, but as you know they make a lot heat and make noise and use electricity.  that is my biggest reason not to pick up another machine.

I have little B5 notebook running XP that often ends up on my lap while
I'm sitting on the sofa typing something in Word. <shiver>

Computers are a hassle but try playing a bass guitar (Fender Jazz Bass)
in a 4 1/2 mat room!!! Just taking it out of it's case is a problem.

Brett