[tlug] Emacs database, EDB, any experience?

Has anyone used EDB, the emacs database package? I need a simple but
flexible database handler to keep various lists which can handle Japanese,
and this seems possible, but seems to have been  inactive since 1995. It
looks like it would fill my requirements, but before getting too involved
with it, I thought I would see if anyone has had success using it.

thanks,

David Riggs