[tlug] setting up gateway on redhat 9

Hi folks
  I need to set up a gateway on a redhat9 m/c. I have selected no
firewall using *lokkit* so that I can learn and use iptables

I am setting this gateway inside a lan connection

my eth0 is ( the ip is 192.168.1.11, broadcast is 192.168.1.255, netmask
is 255.255.255.0)

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes

my eth1 is

DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.10.1
NETWORK=192.168.10.0
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
BROADCAST=192.168.10.255
ONBOOT=yes

My name server is
ns1 - 203.139.161.41
ns2 - 203.139.160.75

I also run /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart and both ethernet are up and
running

I can ping 192.168.10.1 .

Also the webserver (Slackware m/c) has been set to receive dynamica ip using dhcp but it is not fetching any ip.
The same machine fetches an ip if connected to another network and it seems the problem lies with the Redhat machine. The eth1 lamp is also not switching.
Do I need to do something to enable forwarding. (The default security has been set to no firewall)

I want to put a webserver with the ip 192.168.10.2 and access it from
outside the gateway.

Also is it possible to ssh to 192.168.10.2 from 192.168.1.x

How can I proceed from here.
Any guidance to write the iptables rules and testing is appreciated