Re: [tlug] Questions about Japanese input

On 8/9/03 7:58 PM, "Scott Robbins" <scottro@example.com> wrote:

> If the issue is vi, then possibly yes. :)

I will probably only be using vi occasionally - usually for system stuff and
not for Japanese.

> As you're apparently a newcomer to Linux, we're being a bit indulgent
> here, but it's frequently difficult to help without enough information.
> For instance, are you using a Japanese keyboard? An English one?

This is a Japanese keyboard. The computer is an HP Pavilion bought at
Yodobashi Camera. I originally put a version of Redhat 7.x on it a year or
so ago, and upgraded it to Redhat 9.0 yesterday.

>  When
> you say emailer, will it be kmail, sylpheed, mutt or something else?

I am not too familiar with Linux email clients, but thought I'd try
Evolution first, unless somebody had a better suggestion. I am currently
using Entourage on my Mac OS X.

> Which browser, as some behave differently?

If possible, I would prefer to use Mozilla 1.4, which is the same as I am
using now on my Mac. It's quite a nice browser!

>  Have you looked at the page
> that both Shawn and I mentioned?  It may answer some of the questions,
> though since it just deals with the apps that I use, it won't answer
> others.  (For example, I think you mentioned Evolution,  which I've
> never used.)

Yes - I have read through that page and posted some detailed questions in a
followup email.

Thanks,

doug