Re: [tlug] Questions about Japanese input

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 07:02:05PM +0900, Doug Lerner wrote:
> On 8/9/03 6:32 PM, "Shawn" <javajunkie@example.com> wrote:
>
> > please see http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html
> >

> >> I believe I have
> >> canna and kinput2 running.
> >
> > great ! now just get it in a script, see above or search the archives for
> > how
> >
> > such as
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> > XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" LANGUAGE=en_US LANG=ja_JP.eucJP LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucJP
> > ${1+"$@} &
>
> What is this script supposed to be used for?

Aha, that's why you have to read the page.  :)

Seriously, it's explained in fuller detail on the page, but what it
does, in a nutshell is give you a Japanese environment for that
particular terminal (that is, if you open a kterm and run that script,
programs called from that kterm will run in a Japanese environ, even if
your default language is English.)

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Ampata wasn't evil. At least, not to begin with.
And...I do think she cared
about you.
Xander: Yeah, but I think that whole sucking the life out of people
thing
would've been a strain on the relationship.