OT: Re: [tlug] Novell letter to SCO - "You don't own it anyway"

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:45, J. David Beutel wrote:
> Subject: URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUIRED
>
> DEAR SIR/MADAM:
>
> I AM MR. DARL MCBRIDE CURRENTLY SERVING AS THE PRESIDENT AND CHIEF
> EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF THE SCO GROUP, FORMERLY KNOWN AS CALDERA SYSTEMS

SpamAssassin or HumourAssassin? I nearly missed this one, as funny as it is.

attached
  along with this report, so you can recognize or block similar unwanted
  mail in future.  See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
  Content preview:  DEAR SIR/MADAM: I AM MR. DARL MCBRIDE CURRENTLY SERVING
  AS THE PRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER OF THE SCO GROUP, FORMERLY
  KNOWN AS CALDERA SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL, IN LINDON, UTAH, UNITED STATES
  OF AMERICA. I KNOW THIS LETTER MIGHT SURPRISE YOUR BECAUSE WE HAVE HAD
  NO PREVIOUS COMMUNICATIONS OR BUSINESS DEALINGS BEFORE NOW. [...]
  Content analysis details:   (5.90 points, 5 required)
  USER_AGENT_KMAIL   (-5.8 points) User-Agent header indicates a non-spam MUA
(KMail)
  NIGERIAN_SUBJECT2  (2.3 points)  Subject is indicative of a Nigerian spam
  DEAR_SOMETHING     (2.6 points)  BODY: Contains 'Dear (something)'
  RISK_FREE          (1.0 points)  BODY: Risk free.  Suuurreeee....
  GUARANTEE          (1.7 points)  BODY: Contains word 'guarantee' in all-caps
  URGENT_BIZ         (2.2 points)  BODY: Contains urgent matter
  ITS_LEGAL          (0.8 points)  BODY: Claims to be Legal
  SUBJ_ALL_CAPS      (1.1 points)  Subject is all capitals
  UPPERCASE_75_100   (0.0 points)  message body is 75-100% uppercase

Sam Tilders
sam@example.com

Cogito Ergo Sum - I think, therefore I am.  (Descartes)