[tlug] Trying to run it on Gentoo

OK... here's what I've done so far:

I've configured it with --prefix=/usr --disable-gnome so it'll fit
nicely on top of my previous im-ja, and I've also tried uninstalling the
previous im-ja and hand-editing the immodules config file in /etc.

The problem is, when I start im-ja, the keyboard input simply gets
caught by it and nothing happens. Shift-space doesn't do anything
either. I can tell SOMETHING's happening, since this doesn't happen
unless im-ja is activated.

I'd love to keep on trying this release though, since X-chat has that
annoying tendency to crash with input modules, and I'd love to get out
there and input Japanese on IRC.

Anyway, a little help with it would be appreciated... (Heck, I'm sure
you feel the same way =P ) At least it compiles, installs and runs fine.

-Dave Oftedal

--
http://home.no.net/david/