Re: [tlug] oasys -> linux

On 27 Jul 2003, Edward Middleton wrote:

> and the encoding for the JIS C 6226-1978 character set is identical to
> EUC-JP.
<cut>
> It doesn't map very easily to Unicode.

That's good to know.
Thanks!

I got a kind note off-list that pointed to
these (for oasys-> windows):

"Rich Text Converter"
http://www.antenna.co.jp/RTC/RTC2003/2003top.htm
"Convert Star"
http://www.systemport.co.jp/product/cs15/c15-top.html

maybe there is something on the oasys side that
can convert to rtf or something. that would save
a lot of hassle. :)
there are some "gaiji" involved. that data won't make
the transition to a usable state on a linux system,
I suppose...

Tony Laszlo
http://www.issho.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=LaszloBlog
(going for the record - blog with the longest URL)