Re: [tlug] Building Linux router/firewall box

Jim O'Connell wrote:

> Freesco is great. I used it when I had ISDN, but had to switch when I
> got DSL.
> Take a look at IPCOP (www.ipcop.org) if Freesco won't do what you need.
> I switched over to IPCop and haven't had a problem at all.  Very simple
> setup and administration.

Thanks for the link to IPCOP Jim! I've just skimmed the docs and it
looks great. Haven't tried either yet but IPCOP looks better than
FREESCO in that it uses a newer kernel and iptables whereas FREESCO
still uses chains (don't quote me on that though).

I just found out that the floppy on the old box I wanted to use doesn't
work though. What a pain ... Hopefully I can find a way to install from CD.

Thanks again for the info!

Jean-Christian Imbeault