Re: [tlug] Japanese input problem, back again

David Eduardo Gomez Noguera wrote:

>Hello.
>I am back with the subject on japanese imput.
>This time, its on redhat9.
>I have got it to work only when I set LC_MESSAGES to ja_JP[.utf8]
>but that will give me japanese menues and messages, which with my poor
>japanese, I can barely read.
>
>Does anyone have any advice? Might it be a bug on rh9?

 XMODIFIERS=@example.com=kinput2 LANGUAGE=ja_JP LANG=ja_JP LC_CTYPE=ja_JP
LC_ALL=ja_JP is what I use.

I think changing LANGUAGE to en_US but leaving LANG at ja_JP might help
you in SOME applications, but many apps require you to keep the whole
interface in Japanese in order to pick the right font to use.

-Dave Oftedal

--
そんなお茶目さんには罰ゲーム生蛸パンツ十分!