Re: [tlug] Can't install RH 8 to Seagate Barracuda

David Bernat wrote:

> Sometimes fdisk goes on autopilot and puts an
> 8 MB partition on a disk without notification
> that it's doing so.

I used a utility called BooIt NG to wipe the MBR and all partitions. I
assumed that there was nothing left.

I am now using it again to format the disk with one FAT-32 partition.
It's going through a surface defect check right now, but it's really slow.

If this utility doesn't find any surface defects what would be the
recommended course of action? Is there a recommended tool for checking
the HD itself I should use?

If the HD doesn't present any surface defects but the installer still
gets stuck what course of action is recommended?

Jean-Christian Imbeault